EDU360 StepBEYOND School is a registered remedial high school in Johannesburg. Our students require learning support beyond the mainstream schooling environment, to manage their learning difference, better.
The StepBEYOND team is aware of the growing need for high quality remedial teaching in South Africa. We recognise the need to provide a specialist service to students and their families, with diverse learning needs. Our solution is a school framework which inspires our students to reach their learning potential, in a nurturing and structured environment.
Our remedial solution supports students with learning difference. Using SEN (special education needs) techniques, we make the regular curriculum accessible to all our students with special needs requirements.
StepBEYOND School is created and managed by passionate teachers for students who require more support than is available in the mainstream schooling sector. Our teachers are united in their passion to focus and improve upon the potential skills performance of our individual students. We integrate academic support, learning support, remedial support, homework support, SEAL support (social, emotional and attitude to learning) and healthy living support services to create a winning formula which prepares our students for the future job market.
Our entire school community is formed around a campus that welcomes students from every neighbourhood and provides a learning gateway that is connected to the global society.
• We offer remedial schooling and support to high school students with a diagnosed learning difficulty, or who possess a historically validated learning difference.
• Our smart classroom design is sufficiently flexible and mobile to respond to the needs of students who require an alternative classroom layout.
• We offer a single level, wheel-chair friendly environment.
• Our prospective students and families prefer to visit us and discover for themselves what makes our offering distinctive.
• Join us for our Discovery Week to learn about our skills-based approach to remedial teaching.
Our students are more than a label or diagnosis; they are unique individuals with specific needs requiring learning support and management. Interpreting a diagnosis of special needs is important to us, however it is also important to emphasise that our understanding of the essence of a student enables us to provide the necessary educational support. We believe that a happy, relaxed and confident child, is a child who learns optimally.
We provide support to learners with the following areas of diagnosed learning difficulty:
• Anxiety disorders directly and indirectly impacting learning performance
• Attention deficit disorder (ADD)
• Coordination and movement disorder
• Autism spectrum difficulties (ASD)
• Dyslexia reading and comprehension difficulties
• General processing and delay type difficulties
• Social and emotional immaturity type difficulties
Our Grade 8 preparation option is popular
Our Grade 8 preparation class offers a bridging solution for scholars that have completed Grade 7 and are not yet ready for Grade 8. It serves as an optional and well-structured opportunity for recapping and consolidating Grade 8 entry-level skills. This option provides reassurance to parents who understand the importance of moving onwards and upwards to a high school environment with the security of a safety net. Parents love our approach – offering a more mature high school setting with the security and structure of a primary school setting.
Limited places are still available for Grade 8 - 2018.
2019 Applications Now Open for Grade 8 and 9.
APPLY EARLY TO GUARANTEE YOUR PLACE!
Should you wish to further this discussion: